Data loss is a stressful experience that affects most people who live the digital lifestyle. There are several scenarios where you might accidentally delete files or empty your PC recycle bin unintentionally.
With data recovery software such as Disk Drill, you can retrieve all lost files and a significant portion of formatted data from your crashed hard drive. Disk Drill is a hard disk data recovery software that facilitates easy recovery of your only copies of essential documents, assignment files, cherished photos, videos, and other related data lost from your device internal and external storage.
Data Loss Scenarios: How they happen and what you can do
There are several instances where you might incur data loss from your crashed hard disk.
Typically, you can lose data due to physical damage done to your hard disk or through a logical data loss process. Most physical damage scenarios are irreversible and might require professional help from hard disk recovery service. However, data loss scenarios that are not caused by physical damage can be easily retrieved with hard disk data recovery software.
Logical data loss involves files that have been lost due to formatted hard drive or accidental deletion. With this kind of situation, your hard disk loses reference to where the files are, but they are still present on the hard drive of your PC.
The most common mistake most people do is clearing or emptying the recycle bin. This action completely removes the computer reference to where the files are stored.
Depending on hard drive file system or type of device where the lost file was stored, Disk Drill hard disk data recovery software will be able to find the file as long as it is not overwritten. The file is normally located somewhere in your drive, and your OS (operating system) just doesn’t know where to find it.
Reformatted and Formatted Data Recovery Options
Sometimes, you might accidentally format your disk only to realize that you have deleted important files and documents. This situation can happen when a disk or drive becomes crashed, and your computer requests you to format the drive, only to realize that all files are lost. Data losses like this happen intentionally, and a computer hard disk data recovery software such as Disk Drill can help you retrieve back all lost files.
My raw footage hard drive failed for some reason, which also included everything for my course that I’ve been making. It took days, but @Cleverfiles Disk Drill 100% saved the day.
This isn’t an ad, I’m just happy to have my stuff back- I tried everything else with no luck!
— Tom Buck (@sodarntom) April 10, 2021
There are unlimited numbers of file types that Disk Drill can recover. What matters the most when retrieving data is the type of recovery option available for that particular volume.
Steps to Recover Data from a Corrupted or Crashed Hard Drive
- Download and Install Disk Drill for Windows or Mac OS X.
- Launch Disk Drill recovery software, select the crashed hard disk and click:
Windows version – Search for lost data button.
Mac version – Recover button.
- Preview the files you found with Quick or Deep Scan. Disk Drill provides you with a complete disk scan report at the end of the recovery operation. The report contains a list of all complete and partial files found.
- Click Recover button to recover your lost data. Its speed and simplicity, features are exceptional, there is no complicated interface, just one click of a button and files are recovered with time.
Bonus tip: Recover your data with a Hard Drive Data Recovery Service
If your hard drive is damaged beyond the capabilities of data recovery software, you can still get your information back with the help of a data recovery service. Cleverfiles Data Recovery Service is an excellent solution when you are faced with a damaged or corrupted hard drive. Their technical expertise can recover data from severely damaged drives and get back files you thought were gone for good.
Use the following steps to engage Cleverfiles Data Recovery Service to save your valuable data:
- Initiate a work order or contact Cleverfiles Data Recovery Service for a free estimate.
- Ship your device to Cleverfiles or drop it off at one of their nationwide locations. Make sure to pack the drive securely to avoid static electricity as well as shock and vibrations.
- After an evaluation of the device by the Cleverfiles team, you will get a free failure report and a guaranteed price quote.
- Recovery will only be initiated after customer approval and authorization. If your data cannot be recovered, there is no charge.
- When the successful recovery is complete, your data is returned on a DVD, flash drive, or external hard drive.
Tips to avoid data loss from Hard Drive
Here are some tips to help you prevent data loss from a hard drive.
- Stop using the device if you hear any strange noises such as clicking or grinding sound. Before ceasing the use of the device, you should consider using the byte-level backup facility of Disk Drill to create a viable backup that includes deleted files.
- Use antivirus software to keep your machine free from malware. Many viruses and malware infections attack your computer and may result in data loss.
- Backup your data frequently to protect your information. This may allow you to recover most or all of your data without dedicated software or engaging a recovery service.
- Keep the storage device away from extreme heat or high humidity as these conditions can cause damage.
- Verify all potentially destructive activities like deleting files or formatting a partition to ensure you have the correct information. Carelessness can lead to inadvertent data loss that could have easily been avoided.
When faced with data loss on a device that can still be used and recognized by your operating system, your first option should be to use Disk Drill data recovery software. It’s a reliable and user-friendly solution that can get your data back in a few clicks. If your data can be recovered via software, Disk Drill will get it done.
In cases where the drive is damaged and cannot be accessed by your system, a software solution is not sufficient. You need to use a reputable recovery company like Cleverfiles Data Recovery Service. Whatever kind of data loss issue you are experiencing, the experts at Cleverfiles have a solution.