Virginia Beach has several local data recovery and backup services that can help you get back lost and corrupted digital files from your laptop, hard drive or SSD, Mac or PC computer and even smartphone. On this page, we share contact information for those services.
Virginia Beach, VA Data Recovery Companies
A data recovery center professional specializes in helping customers retrieve missing files of many kinds and from many types of devices. There are multiple options in the local Virginia Beach area. Below, we list information on some of them for your convenience.
Find Data Recovery Services Near You in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Most data recovery centers will be able to help you recover missing data from any type of storage device. If that device is physically broken, it may be beyond recovery for even the best-certified service professionals, but there are ways around even that.
The first step in getting your data back is figuring out where it’s stored. Even when files are deleted, they continue to rest in your storage device. They simply do so in another form that your computer considers available to be written over with new information.
If the files were unsaved, then they probably are lost forever. Other than that, however, the files can usually be retrieved if you don’t write over them too many times.
Data recovery centers can help you get your data back from:
- 💽 Hard drives: These are the memory storage devices still used on many desktop computers.
- ⚙️ SSD: SSD stands for “solid-state drive.” They are more advanced versions of hard drives. They are slowly replacing hard drives, but because of the price difference, they aren’t ubiquitous.
- 🖥️ PC/Mac: If your PC/Mac is fully functional, the data recovery center will be able to access your missing files just as you would.
- 📱 Mobile phones: Data recovery centers can retrieve files from mobile phones, often even when the phone is broken.
- 💾 SD cards: If your missing files are on camera, they’re probably in an SD card (these days usually Mini-SD or Micro-SD card). Any data recovery center is going to have a card reader, so this isn’t a problem.
- 🗃️ RAID: RAID stands for “redundant array of independent disks.” These are falling out of usage, but they’re still around. A data recovery center will be able to work with these.
The data recovery process is essentially the same no matter where the lost files are. As long as you can get it to one of the companies, they should be able to secure your files.
Recovery Software for Failed Data
The software can be used to perform most of the functions of the data recovery centers. It’s generally cheaper and because it can be accessed online at any time, faster to access—which can be crucial in an emergency.
The data is named Disk Drill. It can be downloaded for free here. It works on Mac, Windows, iPhone, Android, and just about any accessible data storage location. It recovers all file formats. Windows users can recover up to 500 MB for free. The interface is easy and designed for anyone to use, no matter their level of technical skill.