Data recovery is an essential tool in today’s technology-driven industry. Deleting files accidentally can happen to anyone and is burdensome to experience.
Today, we’re going to tackle everything you need to know about recovering deleted files with iSkysoft Data Recovery. We’ll talk about the recovery process, pros and cons of the program, and even customer reviews below.
Before we dive in, here’s a summary of what you should know:
|🚄 Recovery Speed||Fast|
|💻 Platforms||Mac, Windows|
|👩🏼💻 Free Trial||Yes|
|⚙️ System Requirements||
Starting 2020, iSkysoft has been acquired by Wondershare Recoverit.
Main Recovery Features
iSkysoft boasts of being an all-in-one data recovery software. It can recover corrupted files, files from a formatted disk, and other lost files from external devices such as SD cards, USB drives, hard drives, and the like.
We’ve compiled a short list below of iSkysoft’s recovery features that may entice you to consider it as your primary data recovery tool:
- It can recover up to 1000+ file types
- Has an easy, 3-step recovery process
- Advanced recovery settings are available on the paid versions
- One-click pause and restart of the scanning process
- Save the scan results for future use
- Can also recover lost or deleted emails from Gmail, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.
How to Recover Data Using iSkysoft
Now that you are familiar with what the software can do, here’s a step by step procedure on how to use it:
- First, you have to download the free version of iSkysoft Data Recovery from their official website. If you decide to purchase an upgrade to any of the paid versions, click here.
- Click the downloaded disk from your Downloads folder. Then, select your preferred language and click Agree.
- Next, drag the icon to the Applications folder. Don’t be alarmed if the name shown is “Wondershare Recoverit for Mac” because the entire series of iSkysoft products were replaced by Wondershare in 2020.
- Once done, click on the Applications folder, and select Wondershare Recoverit to launch the app
- If this is your first time opening the app, you will be asked if you are sure you want to open it. Click Open. Then, enter your Mac password to proceed.
- You will then be taken to the homepage. Here, you will see the devices and locations available for scanning lost files. Click on the drive that you want to scan.
- Then, press the Start button on the bottom right of the screen. If your Mac is equipped with Apple T2 Security Chip, files under the APFS file system will not be scanned out.
- Now, the recovery process should begin. The software will run a scan on the selected drive so you’ll have to wait for it to finish. Once the scan is done, you can scroll down to look for the file that you need.
- You can select a file and preview it as long as it’s only 10MB or less.
- Once you are sure that it’s the file that you want recovered, click the Recover button and select the destination where you want it to be saved.
See how easy it is? Scan, preview, recover. These are all you need to do to recover your files using iSkysoft/Wondershare Recoverit.
However, if for one reason or another, you’re looking for an alternative software, then you can also try Disk Drill. It’s also easy to install and use. Plus, it can recover up to 500MB worth of files on the free trial version.
Interface and User Experience
iSkysoft/Wondershare Recoverit has a very beginner-friendly interface and looks modern yet sleek. The buttons are easily accessible and you won’t have a hard time looking for what you need. The scanning and file recovery are also relatively fast.
Indeed, the 3-step recovery process of iSkysoft/Wondershare Recoverit is something that would make users want to give this software a try.
Security and Privacy
Risk-free data recovery is a promise by iSkysoft, so there’s no need for you to worry about your data security while using this application. It only performs the primary function which is recovering files, and does not harm the existing files saved on your drive.
Pricing and Plans
iSkysoft has a free trial. However, it’s only limited to scanning lost files. You need to purchase a license to be able to recover files, and you can choose from these options:
- The Essential version is available at $79.99 for a 1-year, 1-PC license.
- The Standard plan costs $99.99 for a 1-year, 1-PC subscription.
- The Advanced plan sets you back $119.95 for a year for 2 PC licenses.
iSkysoft has numerous options for support. Online tutorials are available on their website, and they also have a FAQ center where you can find answers to related technical questions and sales.
If you want to speak to a customer service representative, they are available 24/6 and will reply within 12 hours on weekdays and within 48 hours on weekends. Send them a message by filling out their contact support team form. You can even tag them on twitter at @iSkysoft, though their last tweet was March 2020.
A good way to know if a product is worth getting or not is by looking through its customer reviews. For your benefit, here are some actual customer feedback taken from Trustpilot about iSkysoft Data Recovery/Wondershare Recoverit:
A very good program that have all in one please easy to use fast and perfect. (F15 SE, 5 out of 5 stars at Trustpilot)
I couldn’t have asked for a more intuitive and thorough recovery tool. I’d give it 6 stars if that were an option. Thank you so much for helping me recover aspects of my digital life! (rhogue, 5 out of 5 stars at Trustpilot)
It’s fantastic software, easy to use, straightforward, and the biggest benefit for recovering my data. Thanks to the provider of this software… (Jajat Darajat KN, 5 out of 5 stars at Trustpilot)
This product didn’t work for me, the drive had catastrophically failed. The interface was nice, and it looked like it would be easy to use, if I could have made it that far. I worked with Wondershare support and they are issuing a refund. So 3 stars for ease of use, and subsequent refund, but since it didn’t work for me, I can’t give 5 stars. (MT, 3 out of 5 stars at Trustpilot)
Finally, we break down the pros and cons of this software. This will help you decide whether or not the software is a good fit for you, and if you should purchase it or look elsewhere.