In some rare cases Deep Scan may result in no files found for recovery. This may have a number of reasons, and may bring your attention to one of the following solutions and next steps.
Why Deep Scan may result in no files found for recovery:
- Are you sure there were any items of known file types really deleted on the disk you are recovering from?
- How long ago has the deletion occurred? Was this media in use after the deletion?
- Are you using FileVault or any other encryption/compression software on the disk you scanned and did not decrypt the drive with the security keys?
- Was the data deleted using low-level formatting (zero out) of the drive/partition you deep-scanned?
- Have you defragmented the disk before recovery?
- Was the data you are searching for emptied from the Trash securely?
- Was there a third-party data shredding software used?
If none of the above questions are answered Yes:
- Try other scanning methods if any are available in Disk Drill. If you are recovering from FAT or NTFS media, try Quick Scan.
- Let us know which files exactly you are searching for. We’ll do our best to add the support of this file type, if it’s not yet on the list.