If your hard drive has been accidentally wiped or damaged, or you’ve lost a folder of important files, all is not lost. It’s highly likely that restoration of your files can be done if you contact one of Pittsburgh’s local data recovery services, or download a software-based solution.
In the directory below, you can find all of the best and most professional data recovery labs in Pittsburgh, and later in this article, we’ll introduce you to our data recovery software, Disk Drill, that makes recovering missing files or folders simple. Disk Drill is available for PCs and Macs and has apps for iPhones and Android devices too.
Contact information for data recovery services in Pittsburgh
The Greater Pittsburgh area has plenty of certified local data recovery centers that can help you to track down your lost files or repair a broken drive or partition. Every business on our list comes with an excellent track record for retrieving customer’s lost files and information:
Software for Recovering Failed and Lost Data
Sometimes, it can feel uncomfortable handing over private data to a recovery company, no matter how professional they are. Plus, there’s also the question of logistics: If you’re trying to retrieve important or unsaved data in an emergency, a software solution that can be downloaded at home might be a better bet than driving across Pittsburgh and waiting several days to hear back about the fate of your data.
That’s where Disk Drill can save the day. This easy-to-use software-based data recovery and restoration service can be installed on many different platforms, from macOS to Windows, Android and iOS. Disk Drill doesn’t cost a penny to install and can find and restore lost files and folders from external hard drives or SSDs, USB memory sticks and pretty much any other storage medium you can name.
When it comes to file types, Disk Drill also has your back, with the ability to find and restore photos, music, videos or any other kind of mission-critical work data that you’ve accidentally deleted from your computer, smartphone or tablet.
Here’s how to get started with Disk Drill and get your data restored for free:
Downloading and Getting Started With Disk Drill
Disk Drill is available from our official webpage and is entirely free to download and use. Once you’ve saved a copy of the software, install it in the usual way, and then you’re ready to get started.
Using Disk Drill to Recover Files
With its simple interface and powerful scanning features, Disk Drill makes finding lost files simple, even for beginners!
- To start using Disk Drill, open the recently installed application and let the software go through the basic configuration process. At this point, you’ll be prompted to give Disk Drill the necessary permissions that it needs to access your drive for the scanning and recovery process. Once setup is complete, you’re ready to start scanning!
- When you begin your search for lost files, start by choosing the device where your missing data was seen last. That might be an external hard drive, a USB stick or a memory card from a digital camera, but could also be the main system drive of your PC or Mac.
- Once a drive has been selected, you’ll need to click the Search for Lost Data button to start the Disk Drill scanning process. If you need to perform another operation, or you’d like to scan the drive at a later date, you can pause the procedure and resume later on if required.
- After finding your missing files or folders during the scanning process, you can retrieve them by simply clicking the Recover button. After that, Disk Drill will ask you where you want to restore the deleted files. You can’t put restored files back in their original location, so it’s best to have an external drive or stick plugged in and use that to save your data.
Disk Drill is easy to install and use, making the process of retrieving and restoring missing files from your computer or external drives as painless as possible, without having to use a professional data lab.
Why Use Disk Drill Instead of a Pittsburgh Data Recovery Lab?
- 💸 Disk Drill is free: Let’s face it, employing a data recovery service in Pittsburgh will probably be costly, meaning you could potentially save a decent amount of cash by installing Disk Drill.
- 🛡️ Disk Drill is safe and private: Disk Drill scans aren’t stored online or viewed by a technician. All of your sensitive data stays secure on your computer and remains visible only to you. In addition, Disk Drill works just like any other app and can’t harm your computer or storage devices in any way.
- 📚 Disk Drill can repair broken partitions: If your drive appears totally blank, there’s probably an issue with the partition. In many cases, the data you’re looking for is usually still on the drive, but the PC or Mac cannot “read the instructions” on how to find it. Disk
- 🗂️ Drill can restore these broken partitions, so there’s a good chance you’ll get your data back.
- 📄 Disk Drill can restore all file types: From audio MP3 to documents, video files and more; if you’ve lost data, there’s a good chance Disk Drill will be able to find it.