How to Upgrade to Disk Drill PRO/Enterprise
It all starts with downloading the free Disk Drill Basic. If you haven’t done so yet, please, start with one of these links:
You may have landed on this page as you already have the activation code for Disk Drill PRO or Enterprise and don’t know what to do with it. Well, it’s easy. You just need to enter it into Disk Drill Basic to unlock the premium features. Here’s how:
- Be sure to have Disk Drill Basic installed, then scan for lost files and confirm that you can successfully preview the ones you wish to recover.
- In Disk Drill Mac, go to Disk Drill > Upgrade Your License. The same option is in the three-dot menu in Disk Drill Windows, and it’s called License and Activation; you will then need to choose the “Enter activation code” option.
- Time to copy that activation code from your email (or magazine, or else) into Disk Drill. Confirm your input. It should take less than a second to activate.
- You’re done. Congratulations on becoming a PRO user.
- If you wish to upgrade from PRO to Enterprise, go to Disk Drill > Need a Bigger License or get in touch with our sales team.
Do I Need to Upgrade?
The great thing about Disk Drill is that you don’t have to upgrade to its premium/paid edition until you ensure the file(s) you are looking for can be recovered. Always download the free Disk Drill Basic first, and scan your storage device(s). Once you have located and successfully previewed the files you wish to recover, you may consider upgrading to Disk Drill PRO. In case you had our data protection modules enabled before the data was lost and can be restored with Disk Drill’s Recovery Vault or Guaranteed Recovery, the recovery is totally free for you.
The Benefits of Upgrading to Disk Drill PRO
While the free Disk Drill Basic allows you to scan for lost files, preview the recoverable items, and recover from Recovery Vault and Guaranteed Recovery storage, only Disk Drill PRO will allow you to restore and access those files through other recovery methods like Quick and Deep Scan, smart recovery algorithms, partition search, etc.
Premium Upgrade Options
We have two Disk Drill licensing options available:
- PRO – The PRO edition is for personal use only. It allows you to install Disk Drill only on computers that you own and can only be used to recover data from hard drives and other media that belong to you. It cannot be used for money-making/commercial purposes.
- Enterprise – This is the commercial license that allows you to install Disk Drill and recover files on any client computer. It can be deployed and used by multiple users — any employee in your company can use your license of Disk Drill. They can use it on all of your company’s computers and your client’s computers. Once data recovery is complete, you must uninstall Disk Drill PRO from client-owned computers (but you can install Disk Drill Basic for ongoing data protection).
Note: If you’d like your clients to have their own Disk Drill PRO license, ask us about our partner discounts.
You can now proceed to How to Recover Files with Disk Drill PRO.