– What’s the correct way to uninstall all the components of Disk Drill?
Usually, a Mac user will just move an app to the Trash, and consider the job done. But Disk Drill is not your usual app. Disk Drill installs several low-core modules for effective data protection and recovery. So for this type of system-level software, dragging the app to the Trash is not enough.
The correct way to remove Disk Drill
The following guide describes the only proper way to remove Disk Drill from your computer. Not only is it the correct way, but it is also the easiest one to execute. Please be advised that we strongly suggest using this method to remove Disk Drill from your Mac.
Here is a quick and easy video tutorial that will guide you through the process of deleting Disk Drill from your Mac.
How to remove Disk Drill from your Mac step-by-step
- Launch Disk Drill You can launch Disk Drill from the application list on the bottom of the screen or by going to the Launchpad (Usually the F4 button) and selecting it from there.
- In the top menu bar go to Disk Drill -> Preferences -> General
- Click the “Remove Disk Drill” button
That’s all there is to it. But we are already missing you, and hope you will give Disk Drill another try sometime.
If for some reason you cannot get to Preferences, there is a way to delete the Disk Drill components manually. Although we still recommend using more conventional methods such as the first one described in this article.
Please use the following steps as an alternative method to delete Disk Drill:
- Download Disk Drill’s installer again
- Once downloaded, double-click on the DiskDrill.dmg file.
- Do NOT drag the Disk Drill app icon to your Applications folder right now.
- Launch Terminal (Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app)
- Execute the following command in the Terminal:
sudo /Volumes/DiskDrill/Disk\ Drill.app/Contents/Resources/uninstall
- Done. Now Disk Drill is removed from your system.
Feel free to reach out to us for help at any time.