We are ready to push yet another release of Disk Drill for Mac this post-holiday week. macOS High Sierra and APFS are the main discussion point for our team and many other Mac admins around the world. Exercise the highest caution when upgrading your macOS this year, it’s not a usual upgrade. But you can rest assured that Disk Drill will have you covered in case something goes wrong with your Mac. Having your emergency boot drive created with Disk Drill at hand may save you many stressful hours of your life.
Disk Drill 3.5.872 updates:
- New Deep Scan properly handles APFS partitions and detects encryption
- After all these years Disk Drill learns how to reconstruct your GIF animations
- New More Deep Scan signatures: EWD (Essay Writer projects, by Shark-Space), SESX (Adobe Audition CC Session File)
- New SIP Manager simplifies System Integrity Protection configuration
- Improved iOS data recovery: SMS restoration and display, call history and text notes sorting
- macOS High Sierra improved data protection for Fusion Drives
- macOS High Sierra polished boot drive creation
- macOS High Sierra S.M.A.R.T. monitoring improvements
- macOS High Sierra better navigation in data recovery wizards
- Disk Clean Up improved hotkeys
- Disk Clean Up “Move to folder” configuration fixes
- Updated UI localization
- Fixed: several random crashes, thanks to the reporters
Upgrade to Disk Drill 3.5.872 now or just run your installed copy, the auto-update is on its way.