Surprise! We’ve cooked up a new version of Disk Drill for you. Version 2.4 brings a brand-new feature to the app: disk space visualization. This allows you to scan your drive and see which files are taking up the most space. It’s a great tool for freeing up space on your hard drive (we recommend you leave at least 20% of your drive space free at all times to enhance recovery chances).
In addition, those of you who have requested being able to preview files with a hex (binary data) view are in luck, because version 2.4 brings that capability as well. For those who have already upgraded to Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite, you’ll be pleased to know that this version improves support of the new Core Storage volume.
Here’s what Disk Drill 2.4 has under the hood:
- new disk space visualization (or disk mapping mode): easily locate space drainers and get rid of them – FREE!
- new recoverable files can now be previewed with hex view (highlight a file in scan results and use the Alt+Space keyboard shortcut or click the special hex view icon)
- new mounted disks and disk images can now be ejected right from Disk Drill (use the Extras menu)
- new lost partitions are now automatically expanded into readable file structures in the scan results
- new “Allocate existing file system data” is a new scan type that shows existing data on a drive using Disk Drill’s unique reading algorithms
- improved Core Storage volume manager support in OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
- improved Disk Drill looks even better on retina screens — we improved absolutely all in-app graphics
- improved large MOV file recovery (up to 60GB+)
- improved S.M.A.R.T. disk monitoring
- improved new folder and file exceptions for Recovery Vault and general data protection polishes
- improved data recovery from disk images on external drives
- improved found DMG disk image preview is now replaced with the offer to mount the disk image and copy its contents
- improved Disk Drill PRO and Enterprise can now be auto-activated when purchased from inside the app (no need to wait for or enter the activation code)
- fixed random crashes when running Disk Drill in Portable Mode
Download Disk Drill 2.4, we bet you enjoy it!