Data loss is just as likely to happen in Louisville as it is anywhere else in the world. If you find yourself in this predicament and have lost or deleted some important data, don’t panic. We have two solutions that can resolve this emergency and get back the missing information.
If you have a failed or broken storage device like your computer’s main hard drive, your best course of action is to engage a professional data recovery service. We have provided a list of certified local recovery companies in the Louisville area to help you find one near you.
In cases where you have accidentally deleted data from a device or formatted the wrong micro SD card, there is a more convenient and less expensive recovery solution. You can go online and download specialized data recovery software that enables you to retrieve the lost files yourself.
Contact information for data recovery services in Louisville
A data recovery center can restore data from devices that are no longer recognized by your operating system using advanced techniques. Below is a list of local recovery services that can get back lost data from a damaged storage device.
This could be the first time you are dealing with a data recovery service, so let’s talk about what you should expect from them.
- Locate a reputable recovery center in your area with an online search. We’ve supplied some certified centers to get you started if you are in or near Louisville.
- Contact the center to get details about shipping or delivering your storage device and to obtain an initial consultation regarding your data loss scenario.
- When your device is received by the center, an assessment will be performed and the customer should be able to obtain an estimate for the recovery.
- Technicians at the recovery center will use advanced techniques in environmentally-controlled labs to clone a damaged drive so its lost or unsaved data can be extracted. This can take a substantial amount of time and expertise depending on the amount of information to be recovered and the extent of the damage to the device.
- When recovery is complete, the restored data will be returned on new media and the original device should be destroyed using secure methods.
If you choose to work with a data recovery service here are some points to keep in mind. They may influence your decision on how to proceed when resolving a data loss.
- 🪙 Data restoration is a complex process and each recovery is different. Reputable companies don’t advertise per-gigabyte recovery prices for that reason.
- 💸 There should be no charge if the center cannot restore your data.
- 🔒 You lose control over your storage device while it resides with the recovery center which may be a concern if sensitive data is in play.
Restoring Lost Data with Recovery Software
Data recovery software takes advantage of the way files are deleted by your operating system and repairs the logical links necessary to access the stored information. This method works as long as the affected device can be made available to your operating system. If your OS does not recognize the device that lost data, you need to talk to a recovery service.
Recovery software offers a versatile method of restoring missing or deleted data from a wide variety of devices. If you have accidentally deleted files on an iPhone, Android device, computer, or virtually any type of disk-based storage device, recovery software may be able to get it back.
We are going to use Disk Drill to demonstrate how data recovery software works. This tool was chosen as it offers a simple, clickable recovery method and supports recovery of all major file types. You can run it on Mac and Windows machines. Its advanced scanning algorithms offer excellent performance that will recover as much data as possible from your affected device.
- Download and install Disk Drill on your computer. You can download the tool for free and use it to identify the files that can be recovered before committing to a purchase. Don’t download the software on the disk that lost data so you don’t overwrite any recoverable files.
- Connect the peripheral device that lost data if necessary.
- Start the app and choose the desired disk from the list of available devices.
- Click the Search for lost data button to scan the selected device. The scan can be paused if desired. You can resume it when convenient to complete the scanning process.
- Select the files you need and click the Recover button.
- You will be prompted for a safe location that can be used by the program to save the recovered data. Make sure you don’t use the device with missing data to preserve its information for recovery.
- Click OK to finish the process. The recovered data will be saved to your designated location.
Recovery software enables you to resolve many data loss scenarios without engaging professional help. It should be your first choice if the affected device is recognizable by your OS. A tool like Disk Drill lets you see what can be recovered before you buy the software.
In cases where you have a damaged disk or device that is unreadable by your computer, a visit to a local data recovery service is in order. Use our list as a guide for certified and reputable data recovery centers in the Louisville area. We wish you success in recovering your valuable data.