If you’ve just experienced a data loss scenario or accidentally deleted a bunch of irreplaceable photos, you’ve come to the right place. We are going to point you in the direction of several local data recovery companies in the Charlotte area that can help you restore lost, missing, and unsaved data from a dead Mac or Windows computer, broken SSD, hard drive, memory card or smartphone. So before you panic over your data loss, get in touch with a recovery center.
An important point to remember in any data loss scenario is to stop using the affected device as soon as possible. Failure to follow this recommendation risks overwriting or corrupting any potentially recoverable data on the device.
Confidential Data Recovery Services in Charlotte, NC
If you need to recover valuable lost information, the following table of certified data recovery labs is a great place to start.
How to Find the Best Data Recovery Service Near You in Charlotte, NC
If you’ve been a customer of a data recovery service in the past, you know what to expect. For first-timers, be prepared to go through the following steps when engaging a recovery center:
- Find a recovery service near you with an online search or by using the information provided in our table.
- Contact the center to get details on how to deliver the affected device. In an emergency, you might want to personally bring the drive or computer to the center and hand it to a technician.
- Once the item is received, the center’s technical team will perform an initial assessment to see if recovery is possible. They should be able to provide a cost estimate for the recovery at this time.
- Using advanced recovery techniques, experts at the center will clone your damaged device so they can extract its data. This can take a substantial amount of time depending on the severity of the damage.
- The recovered data will be returned on secure media. The original device should be completely destroyed by the recovery service to protect any sensitive data it contained.
You should keep a few things in mind when searching for and working with a data recovery service:
- 💸 A reputable center will not charge you for a failed recovery attempt. If no data is recovered, it shouldn’t cost you anything.
- 🛡️ Stay away from companies that advertise a per-gigabyte recovery rate. The complexity of data recovery makes it virtually impossible to predict the labor required to perform the task without assessing each unique situation.
- 🔐 The data will be out of your hands while it is being recovered. Reliable recovery services will keep the data secure, but this might be a factor when making your selection if sensitive data is involved.
Using Software to Recover Lost or Deleted Data
Under certain circumstances, you may be able to use another technique to retrieve deleted data. Data recovery software can be used to get back lost data in cases where the damage to the given device is not extensive.
The main prerequisite for using this solution is that the device suffering data loss must be made available to the operating system. This means if you can’t see the device from your Mac or Windows computer, you’ll need to use the previously mentioned recovery service. But if your OS recognizes the device, software offers a viable method of recovering its lost data.
We are going to demonstrate how recovery software works using a user-friendly solution called Disk Drill:
- Download and install Disk Drill for your operating system. The tool runs on Mac or Windows machines. Don’t download the software on the disk with data loss or you risk overwriting recoverable files.
- Attach the peripheral device that contained the lost data if necessary.
- Launch Disk Drill and select the drive from the list provided by the app.
- Click the Search for lost data button to scan the device. This can take some time and you can pause and resume the scan to recover data at your pace.
- Choose the files you want to retrieve and click the Recover button.
- Supply a new location that is not on the original disk. This is where you will store the recovered data.
- Click OK to finish the recovery.
Disk Drill supports hundreds of file formats and virtually any type of disk-based storage device ranging from micro SD cards to internal hard drives. You can see if it can retrieve your lost files for free with the trial version, so it offers a no-risk recovery option.