Data recovery software has become a crucial part of all businesses. 93% of companies that lost their data for more than 10 days filed for bankruptcy within a year.
List of Data Recovery Services in Cleveland
Cleveland houses a bunch of data recovery labs but how many can you trust to keep confidential and important data secure? Down below, after thorough research, we have shortlisted a few local centers in the area that will come in use for anyone looking to restore their data. Contact details along with the location are listed below.
Recovery Software for Failed Data
The above section is the solution to the dilemma of lost data but only for the people who want to leave the work to the experts. The following section is going to briefly explain how to handle the same situation at home through online services.
Cleverfiles’ Disk Drill is as influential and effective as they come. It was first rolled out in 2010. Since then, it has stayed at the top of its game through an easily operated UI and constant upgrades by the professionals of the company.
We have been using Disk Drill’s certified data recovery services for years. Not once has it ever been a disappointment. Here is a step-by-step guide for anyone who would like to give this software a try!
Installation of Disk Drill
This process took me a few minutes, barely. Even if you are a novice and do not know anything about computers, Disk Drill would not give you any trouble. Especially in emergencies, it is a god sent.
- Cleverfiles’ Disk Drill is available for Android as well as iPhone users on its official website. You can simply click on this link to be redirected to the website.
- Once, I had downloaded Disk Drill, my screen resembled the image above. By clicking on “Options”, I was able to stop sharing anonymous information with Cleverfiles. It also enabled me to change the destination of the software to the desktop. You can choose to store the software anywhere you like.
- When I launched the software, I was presented with an End-User License Agreement. In order to move ahead with the utilization of Disk Drill, press on “Agree and Continue”
Read the agreement, first, of course. Or not.
- The following screen gave me a brief look at what the software is all about. After going through it once, I clicked on “Continue”.
- On the final screen, before I could start restoring my data, the software asked me to enable data protection. Beneath it, it also states the reason for doing so. So go ahead and turn it on, I did! Next, I clicked on “Get Started”.
The Process of Recovering Missing / Broken Files
- The first thing I did was select the hard drive from which I had deleted some files, accidentally. By clicking on “info” on the right side of the screen, I was given all the related information regarding the chosen drive.
- I proceeded to click on “Recovery” From the drop-down menu, I had multiple options to choose from. Going ahead with “All recovery options” makes sure you get optimal results at the end.
- For the next step, I clicked on “Search for Lost Data”.
- The time taken by the software to restore all the files depends on the size of the drive. So, practice some patience. While waiting, you can click on “Review Found Items” and sneak a peek at the work done, so far.
- As you can see on the above image, the results have been categorized into 5 sections namely Pictures, Video, Audio, Documents, and Archive. The numbers visible on the icons signify the number of files recovered in each section so far.
- When the scan is complete, I clicked on “Review Found Items” again and was brought to a page where I was able to go through all the recovered files.
- I knew I was looking for a video, so when I was unable to find it in the video section, I proceed to look for it in “Other”. If you know the name of the file(s) you want to restore, you can also utilize the search tab on the top right corner. Type the name into it and press “Enter”.
- After finding the file I was looking for, I clicked on the box right next to the name of the file. Remember when you click on the name of the file, a preview must appear on the right side of the screen, a preview ensures the retrieval of the said file, completely.
- Once, you are sure of the recovery status of the file, the final thing left for me to do was click on “Recover”. Next to recover, the software let me know the number of files I would be recovering along with the storage space taken by them.
- A pop-up was on my screen after I pressed “Recover”. This pop-up is for settling on a destination of the retrieved files. If you choose the destination to be the same as it was before the files were lost, Disk Drill would not give you the thumbs up a.k.a “Destination confirmed. Looks good.” The destination has to be different in order to add an extra layer of security to the files from being lost again.
- Finally, Click on “OK”. Resume your work like you did not lose your files in the first place.
Disk Drill Pro Prices
I was using the version of Disk Drill that allows its users to restore up to 500 MB of data, for free. If you deal with a large amount of data on a regular basis or if you need this software for your business, opt for Disk Drill Pro or Disk Drill Enterprise.
Disk Drill Pro is for single users who require additional tools for more security features and deals with huge amounts of data. The software costs $89 a year for the use of its services.
Disk Drill Enterprise, like the name suggests, is beneficial for company-wide data recovery requirements. Its customers will be charged $499 per year.
Disk Drill’s ability to read and restore large amounts of data within a short period is just ideal for any emergency. Its interface is easily accessible. The software is available for both Mac and Windows users. Cleverfiles’ website claims that it can essentially recover unsaved data from all external and internal drives such as Micro SD Cards, Flash Drives, and the like. This makes for a worthy opponent in the data recovery space.