Data loss can happen anywhere and at any time. Whenever and wherever you experience a data loss event, it’s important to address the issue quickly for the best chances of a successful recovery. If you’re in the Cincinnati area and have lost some valuable data, we have some suggestions for reliable recovery methods. The one you choose may be influenced by the type of data loss scenario you need to resolve.
We are going to look at two techniques for getting your deleted or lost data back safely. One will direct you to contact a local data recovery service in your area and get professional help to retrieve your lost information. An alternate and less expensive solution for recovering accidentally deleted or lost data involve using specialized recovery software. We will show you how to perform this type of recovery yourself, saving you time and money.
Contacts of Data Recovery Services in Cincinnati
Your data loss scenario may result in an emergency that impacts your business. If you need to quickly locate a data recovery service in Cincinnati, the following list of reputable companies should be helpful.
Certified recovery labs offer a reliable method of recovering from data loss. They can be the only realistic option when dealing with a broken or failed storage device that cannot be recognized by your computer.
The technical expertise of the staff at a recovery center combined with the advanced software and hardware techniques at their disposal produce a high probability of success. The following steps are generalities that should work with just about any data recovery service in Cincinnati or elsewhere.
- Locate a local data recovery service in your area by performing a simple Google search. In Cincinnati, you can save some time by using our list of reputable recovery centers.
- Get in touch with the center to find out how to get your hard drive or device to them. You probably have to ship it, though if it’s a local shop perhaps you can just drop it off.
- The technicians will perform an initial evaluation to determine if recovery is feasible. If so, the customer will receive an estimate of the cost to restore the data.
- The technical team will use advanced techniques to clone the storage device and recover its data. This may take some time based on the extent of the damage.
- After the recovery is complete, recovered data will be returned to the customer on new media. Most centers will securely destroy the original media to protect its contents.
Here are some things to consider when thinking about engaging a data recovery service to address your missing or unsaved files and folders.
- 🪙 Stay away from companies that quote a per-gigabyte recovery price. Data recovery is a complex process that depends on many variables that make it inappropriate for these types of price estimates.
- 💸 Reputable companies will not charge you if they cannot recover your data. Make sure you only have to pay for data that is restored.
- 🔓 When using a recovery service, you lose control of your data. In cases where the storage device contained sensitive information, this may influence your decision when choosing the best recovery method.
Using Software to Recover Lost or Deleted Data
If the device that has experienced data loss is still available to the operating system, you may be able to recover its lost information using specialized software. This is essentially an online recovery method, where you download a software tool.
We are going to use Disk Drill to demonstrate recovering your data with software using the following procedure.
- Download and install Disk Drill for your operating system. Using the trial version, you can determine which files can be recovered for free. If your computer’s main hard drive has experienced data loss, use a different device to download and install the software to avoid corrupting recoverable files.
- Launch Disk Drill and select the affected drive or partition from the list of devices.
- Click the Search for lost data button to scan the drive or partition. Quick and deep scans are available to address all types of data loss situations. The scan can be paused if necessary and the tool lets you resume it later from that point.
- Choose the files you want to restore and click the Recover button.
- You will be asked to provide a safe location that is not on the original disk at which to store the recovered data.
- Click OK to finish recovering your data.
Disk Drill runs on Mac and Windows computers. The tool can help get back lost and deleted data from all types of devices from micro SD cards to internal hard drives. It can also recover data from your iPhone or Android device.
In some cases, you will be forced to work with a data recovery service. In cases where a device is completely unusable and cannot be connected to your operating system, a recovery center is the only option. But if your OS can see the device that lost data, Disk Drill offers a less expensive and more secure recovery option.
We suggest that users in Cincinnati with data loss issues give Disk Drill a try. The free version identifies recoverable files so you can gauge its value in your situation. If you can’t get your data back with Disk Drill, we recommend consulting one of the data recovery services listed above. Good luck recovering your lost data!