Whether you have a broken hard drive or an accidentally formatted micro SD card, we have two recovery methods that will help you retrieve your lost data. The one you choose should be based on the type of data loss you have experienced.
In cases where you have a damaged storage device that cannot be recognized by your Mac or Windows machine, a professional data recovery center is your best option for retrieving its lost photos or documents. We are going to provide some local, certified data recovery companies that can help you resolve a data loss emergency.
If you have simply lost or deleted data on a device that can still be connected and recognized by your computer, a specialized software solution may be able to recover your missing files. We’ll show you how to use this type of software and under what circumstances you can recover lost data with this online technique.
Working with a Data Recovery Service in Wichita
The following table will direct you to reputable businesses that offer data recovery services in Wichita.
Let’s talk a little bit about what to expect when you work with a data recovery company. These steps are applicable for users in any location trying to recover missing or unsaved data from a damaged drive or device.
- Locate a certified data recovery center in your area by searching online. Our list gives you a head start on this task if you’re in or near Wichita.
- Get in touch with the recovery center for an initial consultation and to determine how you will deliver your device to them. You may be able to drop it off in person with a local service.
- Once the technical experts at the center have evaluated the damaged device, they will provide the customer with an assessment of its potential recovery and a cost estimate.
- A professional recovery center performs its work in environmentally-controlled labs that eliminate the chances of physical contamination. This can be a time-consuming process as data is cloned and retrieved from the damaged device.
- After the recovery is finished, the customer should receive their data on new media while the center completely destroys the original device for enhanced security.
Keep the following points in mind if you are considering bringing a failed or damaged storage device to a data recovery service.
- 💸 You should not be charged by a reputable recovery center if they cannot recover your lost data.
- 🪙 Professional data recovery experts will not give you a per-gigabyte price for their services. Data recovery is very complex and each case is different, making it impossible to give a blanket type of cost estimate.
- 🛡️ You may be concerned with how secure your data is while in the hands of a recovery service. Some users may be reluctant to allow third-party access to a device containing sensitive information.
How to Use Recovery Software to Restore Lost Data
You may not need to engage a recovery service if you have experienced data loss on a device that can be made available to the operating system. If the lost data was on a disk, iPhone, or Android device that can be recognized by your operating system, there is a simpler and less expensive recovery method you can try.
There are many data recovery products out there. We like Disk Drill for a variety of reasons including its recovery capabilities, user-friendly interface, and compatibility with a wide range of storage devices and file formats. Following is a demonstration of how to use this excellent recovery solution.
- Download and install Disk Drill on your laptop or desktop machine. Test the trial version for free to identify data the tool can recover. Avoid downloading the software on the affected device so you don’t overwrite the data you want to restore.
- If necessary, attach the peripheral device that contained the deleted data.
- Launch the program and select the target device.
- Click the Search for lost data button to begin scanning the device. You can pause the scan and resume it at a later time to complete the recovery.
- Choose the files you want to retrieve and click the Recover button.
- Supply a safe location to store the recovered data which is not on the disk that experienced data loss.
- Click OK to finish the recovery.
You can run Disk Drill on Mac and Windows computers. It recovers lost files in hundreds of formats including all popular image, video, and document types. The free download lets you see if the tool can help you before investing a dime.
Losing data in Wichita or any other city is not a pleasant experience. Fortunately, methods can often be used to recover the lost information. If the affected device can be recognized by your operating system, recovery software is the least expensive and most convenient technique to use.
If recovery software cannot resolve your problem, we suggest you contact one of the recovery services listed above. They will be able to tell you if there is a chance of recovering your lost data with their technical expertise.